What is Digital Shirt Printing?
Direct to Garment, or DTG printing, is a process by which a digital image is printed directly onto your apparel using the newest technology in apparel printing. This process allows us to print any quantity order with highly detailed full color designs at an affordable price. With our expert team of DTG professionals any design is possible . We ensure outstanding accuracy, exceptional consistency, exceptional print output and low priced rates with every order.
Direct to Garment Design Examples
Digital t shirt printing is essential for designs that are simply too complex for traditional screen printing methods, and when the maximum amount of detail is sought. Our DTG printers use the best quality inks to distribute the ink evenly across one amazing design after another.
Direct to Garment Process
Every order receives a professional design review from our team of graphic artists and digital printing experts. We work diligently with you to see to your finished product. To start, we ask for the highest resolution image you currently have. The higher the image resolution, the better!
Our designers are happy to work with any image you provide, even if it takes a bit of polishing. We have mastered the art of transforming designs into masterpieces. For businesses, check with your web developer or marketing team to provide you with any raw logo image files.
Every design is thoroughly inspected before printing for quality assurance. You’ll be able to review the finished layout when we send you the final design proofs for your approval. If you have questions about your specific artwork, simply call us at 1-800-620-1233 to consult with your project specialist.
When it comes to printing, pixels matter. Pixels are the smallest measurable point in a photo, and together, hundreds of thousands of them (sometimes millions) combine together to make the image you see. Think of mosaic artwork; The greater number of pieces within a canvas, the more detailed and apparent the image will look.
File Types for Direct to Garment
- There are two types of images: raster and vector.
- Raster images use pixels. The higher number of pixels an image contains, the better resolution it will have; better quality prints. Pixels have a direct effect on the scaling capabilities of an image. The more pixels an image contains, the larger it can be scaled without becoming boxy, or “pixelated.”
- Vector images, however, use mathematical calculations between two different points to create geometrical shapes. The process itself use lines instead of pixels, and because of that, they are infinitely scalable. No matter how large you scale a vector image, it will not lose its quality.
- When you view a photo on a computer screen, it usually requires a fairly low PPI (Pixels Per Inch) count – around 72, generally. For digital viewing, that’s fine. But when it comes to printing, both on t-shirts and paper, the higher the PPI count, the better. Ideally, we request customers submit photos at 300 PPI. If that’s not possible, no worries! Our design team is always happy to help.
- Whether submitting a vector or raster image, here are some of the most commonly accepted file formats:
• AI • PCT
• EPS • PDF
• JPEG • PNG
• TIFF • PSD
Direct to Garment FAQ
What is the average turnaround time for digital print t-shirts?
We strive to give our customers the best possible overall experience, from the time of design submission to the delivery date. As such, typical turnaround time for digital printing on t shirts is 7 to 10 business days after the order is placed.
Need your order filled faster? No problem! We can accommodate most deadlines, even if it means burning the midnight oil to make it happen. We don’t call ourselves Rush Order Tees for nothin’! If you have an order you need filled sooner, call a customer service representative immediately at 1-800-620-1233.
Can I order custom digital t-shirt printing online?
Rush Order Tees is working hard to facilitate the purchase of Direct to Garment printing via our website, and we hope to offer this service in the very near future. At this time, that feature is unavailable.
However, ordering Direct to Garment printing is as easy as calling our customer service team at 1-800-620-1233. One of our pleasant, knowledgeable, and trustworthy sales team members will be happy to assist you.
Can I order digital printing on black garments?
Yes! While many companies only offer DTG services on lighter t-shirt colors, Rush Order Tees can accommodate any order, light or dark, large or small.
What kinds of images are best for digital printing t shirts?
Many factors affect an image’s digital printability, but a basic rule of thumb is: The higher the resolution, the better. Our machines are the best in the business and produce the highest quality prints available, but those prints are only as good as the photos upon which they’re based.
If you have anymore questions, check out our FAQ page or give us a call at 1-800-620-1233 to speak with a customer service representative.